Maryland's seniors go out on top after win over North Carolina State
Offensive Lineman Paul Pinegar's story is perhaps the best reason why I love following this football team. I try to get to each game early to catch player warm ups. To see these guys up close working hard and doing what it takes to become reliable players over the course of four years is a treat for me as a fan.
So as the article pointed out, Pinegar wasn't heavily recruited out of high school.He makes the team as a walk on and works hard by doing whatever was needed to help his team. This year as a senior Pinegar has played anywhere Coach Ralph Friedgen has asked as the Terps have had mounting injuries on their offensive line. He's definitely one of the Terps unsung heroes this season.
He came up with a huge fumble recovery in the second quarter vs N.C. State.
From the Post article Pinegar was quoted:
"This past week was a huge week of reflection, looking back at all the great memories. I've been saying ever since we started winter workouts last year, 'It's my last winter workout.' Or: 'It's the last spring workout. The last Red-and-White Game. The last week of regular season practice. The last home game."
"I wouldn't trade it for the world. This has been my life. This has been my second family."