Yesterday Dallas Braden pitched a perfect game against the Rays.
Last Monday we saw a young Philly Phanatic get the shock of his life after running onto the field. This second event is special to me because I was there. To Witness this. LIVE.
Which got me thinking, what sporting event/achievement would the hobbers like to see.
I'm not talking about "I want to see the Superbowl" it's more "I want to see someone break the TD record in the Superbowl."
My pick would be to see a football game where a team racks up over 1000 yards of offense. The closest we came was Houston's run and shoot against Arizona State in 1990. David Klingler threw for 732. So now all we need is a 300 yard rusher and we're good to go. Easy right?
(Only David Klingler youtube video)
Actually this was a debate we always had on the practice field, that is, if it is actually possible to get 1000 yards of offense. So if it ever did happen I'd like to be there.
There it is. Sporting achievement/event you'd like to see. Get after it.
Shit Storm begin.