.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Athlon Sports 2011 Atlantic Coast Preview



I was in a local book store when this magazine caught my eye. Maryland QB Danny O'Brien shares a cover so I figured I'd grab this magazine and blog about it. I'm trying my best this offseason to keep this blog active with whatever news I can get so here are some highlights:

Maryland is predicted to finish 8-4, 6-2 which is good for third in the ACC Atlantic behind Florida State and N.C. State. The magazine predicts Maryland goes to the Music City Bowl vs Auburn.

Maryland's national rank is 33rd.

Maryland opponents as rated by Athlon
Florida State (#4)
Notre Dame (#6)
West Virginia (#17)
Miami (#19)
N.C. State (#31)
Clemson (#38)
Boston College (#45)
Georgia Tech (#50)
Virginia (#75)
Wake Forest (#83)
Temple (#96)
Towson (No rating)

Maryland All-ACC Players: QB Danny O’Brien, DL Joe Vellano, LB Kenny Tate, PR Tony Logan on first team. RB Davin Meggett on second team.

In the Coaching Carousel section Athlon says about new Head Coach Randy Edsall “this is a curious hire” and “strange move.”